Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): The Blame Game

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Blame Game

I am inconsolable. I'm not mourning the fact that my guy is no longer in the Presidential race; I'm mourning the fact that my values aren't. 



As it appears today, the presumptive Democratic nominee is an actual criminal. If her name was anything other than "Clinton," she would have been indicted already. Consider disgraced Gen. David Petraeus, who plead guilty to mishandling classified materials. He received probation and a $100,000 fine. 

Or consider the politically charged conviction of Scooter Libby. Libby was not convicted of violating the Intelligence Identities Protection Act. (This means he wasn't found guilty of "outing" Valerie Plame.) Instead, he was found guilty of improper disclosure of national defense information. Libby was sentenced to 30 months in jail -- a sentence which then President George W. Bush commuted -- and fined $250,000. 

So, the Democrat presumptive nominee for leader of the free world has mishandled classified information -- this is undisputed. She has very likely improperly disclosed national defense via her email server that was in some dude's bathroom. But because our politics are almost as corrupt as Columbia's at this point, she will likely not be charged. This makes me physically ill.

Meanwhile, the Republicans appear ready to nominate a guy who has no principle or foundation. His claim to fame is as a reality TV star with no morals. He thinks the Republican Party should change its platform in support of abortion. This is egregious. He thinks the Kelo decision, a Supreme Court decision that allows the government to take personal property so Walmart can build a big box store, is a great one. He bragged about his own deviance. He says he's never needed to seek forgiveness. 

A man who can't humble himself before the Creator isn't worthy of the office of President of the United States. He certainly isn't worthy of my vote. I can't. I won't. I don't care if that means President Hillary. (It doesn't. I live in Kansas.) Yes, I recognize the Supreme Court is on the line, but that matters little if the GOP loses the Senate, which is a quite likely scenario because the respectable (few) Republicans on the ballot will be drowning with anchor Trump at the top of the ticket. 

It also doesn't matter because voters can't trust Trump to nominate someone to the Supreme Court that isn't an absolute disaster. (Even Republicans with conservative principles have failed miserably at this task, (Ahem. John Roberts. Ahem. Anthony Kennedy.) so I don't understand why anyone of sound mind thinks that somehow Donald Trump -- who can barely string together two complete sentences that make any sense -- will be any better at nominating people to the Supreme Court than say, George W. Bush or Ronald Reagan.

There's a lot of discouragement to go around, but perhaps the most baffling is the sheer number of people now blaming Ted Cruz for the rise of Trump. Yeah -- that's misplaced blame. Sorry friends. I've seriously heard the argument that if the Republicans had someone put someone more electable up against Trump, we wouldn't be in this position. This is maddening. When this process started, there were, I believe, 14 Republican candidates. Cruz received the absolute most votes of the Not Trump candidates. Why should he have acquiesced to someone else? And I remind everyone paying attention that an "electable" person is still in the race. John Kasich, that delusional social justice warrior, is still in it. 

Republicans (and former Republicans) are going to be tossing around an awful lot of blame in the upcoming weeks. If their list of people at fault doesn't include people like former Speaker John Boehner or Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, they're doing it wrong. 

The conservative movement has hit a wall. This is bad -- very bad -- for our country. I can honestly say I do my part to advance the cause. I volunteer. I scribble this blog. I try to be a happy warrior, but I am inconsolable today. This feels like America has absolutely rejected God, and that is devastating in so many ways. (And terrifying. I'm totally OK, but I can name a long list of people who aren't, and I fear for their souls. That's not hyperbole.)

I don't know where conservatives go from here. We can't cede the fight -- that much I know. But at this point, it seems like a suicide mission, and we should all prepare for the reeducation camps, where at least we'll get to be skinny before we die. (Yay?) 

Thursday is the National Day of Prayer, and our country could definitely use prayers. So, let's spend Thursday on our knees and then pick up our weapons (mine's a mighty pen) and fight. 





No comments:

Post a Comment