Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Passing This Along for a Friend

Friday, April 29, 2016

Passing This Along for a Friend

In the final throes of the legislative session, this is when things get crazy.

I do not know the details, and I really don't have time to find out before it's a moot point. I'll simply say I trust the person who alerted me, and I'll leave it at that. You can decide whether you trust me, and whether it's of the importance to heed this call to action:

Word on the T-town street is that the Kansas Sen. Fed and State Chair, Sen. Ralph Ostmeyer, is holding up SB 65, a bill supported by the Kansas State Rifle Association. 

The bill in question would allow public employees to carry concealed weapons in municipally owned vehicles, and rumor has it, Ostmeyer is refusing to forward House Sub for SB 65, because he's pals with Mike Murray, a former KSRA lobbyist who was let go by the KSRA. 

I am uncomfortable ascribing motives to individuals and prefer to focus on their actions. So, I can't say whether Ostmeyer's foot dragging is related to his friendship with Murray or something else. But -- he is holding up the legislation.

So, those of you who are so inclined, please call Ostmeyer's office and ask him to move this legislation. His office number is (785)296-7399. Or you can email him at Ralph.Ostmeyer@senate.ks.gov.


No comments:

Post a Comment