Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Moran Sees the Light

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Moran Sees the Light

Good news: Jerry Moran is not completely clueless.

The good Senator broke from party ranks last week to announce his support for holding hearings for a President Obama nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court. Never in my life did I think I'd find myself in a situation in which I agreed with Mitch McConnell over one of Kansas' Senators. 

Moran has changed his tune -- likely in response to sheer outrage from his very conservative constituents. The fact that the grassroots folks had to be rallied for Moran to see the light is quite troubling. His tone deafness on the position of Kansans was nothing short of shocking. 

This weekend, the New York Times reports Moran is rolling back his support for holding hearings. I'm guessing this sudden interest in siding with his constituents is the result of intense pressure. It's really not good enough that we have to rally against the inanity, but it's better than nothing.

Perhaps, we have Congressman Mike Pompeo to thank for Moran's change of heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment