Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Ronnie Metsker appointed JoCo Election Commissioner

Friday, January 29, 2016

Ronnie Metsker appointed JoCo Election Commissioner

Ronnie Metsker, chair of the Johnson County Republican Party, will now serve as the Johnson County Election Commissioner.

The role of election commissioner is appointed by the Secretary of State. I am not sure about this choice, but I was a pretty big Brian Newby fan, and I have trouble imaging Metsker coming anywhere close to filling Newby's shoes. (Newby is now the director of an election commissioner association -- too lazy to look up detaild -- in Washington, D.C.) 

The press release about Metsker's appointment doesn't make mention of his role in the Johnson County Republican Party. I think that's kind of weird, since the release does make mention of other civic and leadership positions. 

I am not sure what this means for the JoCo Republican Party. Can he remain chair and work as election commissioner? Probably not, but I don't know, and still, too lazy to work the Google machine to find out.

I have to assume it means -- either for legal reasons or appearances -- that this means Metsker will not be JCRP chair much longer. It will be interesting to see who replaces him. (I have some thoughts on who I'd like to see in the role. Will share at some point soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment