Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Olathe USD 233 -- CUT SOME ADMINS! Problem solved

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Olathe USD 233 -- CUT SOME ADMINS! Problem solved

I do not have a PhD in child indoctrination, so I will never be called upon to make these kinds of decisions.

BUT, I do have a brain and I can do math. (It's math I learned in a public school, so caveat emptor and all that.) Anyway, people in Olathe are whining about having $2 million LESS THAN ANTICIPATED in next year's budget, which will require shaving the district's gi-normous budget by a paltry $2 million.

USD 233's superintendent earned $268,000 last year. The next highest employee earned $180,000. The district has at least 20 employees earning six figures. I suggest a 10 percent pay cut for those folks.

Problem solved. No classrooms with 30 students. Spanish program stays in tact. The sky doesn't fall. (Yes, the brilliant Olathe officials have decided to cut beneficial educational programs instead of things like overpaid administrators and I don't know, the football program. I'm not knocking football. But if you're a school, funded by a populace via taxation with the idea that you're going to educate children, shouldn't you cut extra curricular activities before cutting actual education?) I.don't.get.it.

But of course, we can't do that. The children must suffer so EVERYONE knows how EVIL Brownback and the Kansas Legislature are. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment