Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Cruz'ing

Friday, July 24, 2015

Cruz'ing

Say what you want about Ted Cruz, but the guy has testicles, which is a lot more than I can say for a whole lot of GOP Senators. 

(It's come to my attention that a lot of grassroot Kansas Republicans crossed Cruz off their list of potential horses in the race when he selected Axiom Strategies — run by Jeff Roe, a political consultant who hails from just over the Kansas-Missouri border -- to lead his campaign. Roe has made some political enemies and some people say he's sleazy. I don't know all of the details, but I'll work on it. Might be a good blog post.)

Anyway, back to Ted Cruz: From the Senate floor, Cruz called Sen. Mitch McConnell a liar. I would kiss Cruz if I could. This needed to be said. McConnell is evil. I do not say that lightly. He's a horrible person, who in the recent past, hasn't met a Republican he wouldn't stab in the back for a steak dinner from a lobbyist. He sides with the President over his own constituents and his party. He's the Senate's equivalent of Caitlyn Jenner (because he has no testicles. Get it.)
 McConnell called the Republican primary opponent of Thad Cochran (Mississippi Senator) a racist in order to help a doddering old man who probably can't remember the names of his own children win re-election. McConnell lacks integrity. He lacks a backbone. He is the epitome of everything rotten in politics. (And if you've ever spoken with the man in person, you probably walked away -- as I did -- choking back vomit from his slimy, double talking, Establishment-y existence.)

(An undated photo of Mitch McConnell, all gelatinous and without a backbone. Gross.)


Cruz is not my top candidate in the GOP. I think his chances at a victory are slim, because he doesn't play "nice" with the other Republicans. (And by "nice" I mean he says what he thinks and votes against McConnell and has no problem being vocal opposition.)  

I love a guy who pushes the GOP to the right. I love a guy who doesn't kiss McConnell's backside. Cruz isn't one of my top candidates, but I'm glad he's there. I'm glad he's honest, and I am so glad he said on the Senate floor, what needed to be said about Mitch McConnell.

P.S. Kentucky, you suck. Put down the whiskey and fire Mitch McConnell. Kansans will thank you. Texans, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment