Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): It's a fraternity convention.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

It's a fraternity convention.

Sigh.


Look at this picture? What do you see? You're looking at GOP interns getting some knowledge in D.C. this morning.

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

Lynn Jenkins just launched this photo into the Twittersphere moments ago. And typically, I don't mention this stuff, because really. What good does it do? (Answer none.)

But, I'm cranky. I haven't had my cheerios, and someone brought in coffee imported from someplace like New Jersey, which for the record, does not have a good record in raising quality coffee beans. And bah humbug.

Anyway, if you're me, and you stumble upon this photo, you think, oh look. It's an accounting fraternity convention. It isn't. (See above.)

I'm going to drop a hard-learned piece of knowledge, here, so read carefully: Perception almost ALWAYS equals reality, and the reality we're looking at here is one we should be working diligently to correct.

Is the make-up of Congressional interns this semester virtually all white and male? I know we're not the party of quotas, and I don't want us to be. I would be disappointed if we were. However, we're working against a perception that the Republican party is the party of old, white males. (I guess these people are young, so great. I guess). 

Can we at least make a partial nod to changing the perception? Not because we think it's important. We know there are women and minorities in the Republican party. Why don't we EVER take pictures of them? That's all.






No comments:

Post a Comment