Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Pot meet Kettle

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pot meet Kettle

I love term limits and think they're a must-have. (Spare me the arguments about the people being able to term limit as they see fit. That's simply not true, because incumbents set rules that give them massive, massive advantages, but I digress.)

So, it was with baited breath that I read the start of a headline "Bill would set term limits..." Unfortunately, not for legislators. Instead, Rep. Scott Schwab, R-Olathe, is proposing term limits for the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission.

Yee-haw. And I mean that. Just like any other long-serving bureaucrat, the ethics commission is full of piggies at the trough. They're corrupt and awful and entrenched.

BUT every argument Schwab makes for term limiting the ethics commission should be said in the mirror. (No offense, Scott!) Pot meet Kettle.



No comments:

Post a Comment