Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Officially, Jerry Moran

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Officially, Jerry Moran

Update: I just received my first email from Moran asking for donations related to the NRSC cause-ish. So that took about six hours.

Jerry Moran is the new Chair of the NRSC.

Here's what Sen. Moran had to say about his new title:

“I would like to express gratitude to my colleagues for giving me the opportunity to serve as Chairman of the NRSC. The most important thing that determines the success of Republicans in 2014 is governing well today and representing the values and philosophies of our constituents. In this new role, I will work to recruit the most qualified and dynamic candidates and raise the resources necessary to make a difference in the next election.

“Before pursuing this position, I spoke with Senator Bob Dole about his time representing Kansas in the United States Senate. We discussed both the challenges and opportunities that accompanied his role in Senate leadership and how he used his leadership post to better represent Kansas. Though my new position will bring additional responsibility, I am deeply committed to fulfilling my duties as a senator to promote the interests and values of Kansas. I look forward to working with Leader McConnell and others within our Conference to make certain we make the right decisions for Kansans and all Americans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment