Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): GOTV

Sunday, November 4, 2012

GOTV

It's the final push heading into the general election, and Johnson County Republicans are out campaigning.

They aren't, however, campaigning much in Johnson County.

A stop at the Yoder Victory Office or Johnson County Republican Party -- or whatever it's called -- volunteers are dialing voters in swing states trying to get the vote out for Romney.

Different groups have traveled to Iowa and Colorado to work on getting Romney votes, and even today -- three days before the election, the RNC is desperate for people to go to Iowa and knock on doors. Actually, the panicky emails from the national committee have me concerned about the presidential election.

All this is to say, it's been a little quiet here the last few days, because I've been out campaigning, which I find absolutely horrible, by the way. Neighborhoods full of split-level houses are crippling.

Since the advent of advanced, walk-in voting, I always wonder how fruitful the final few days of a big campaign are. I think I read somewhere that approximately 30 percent of the electorate will cast votes before Nov. 6.

I'm not sure the mad rush on the final weekend does all that much good, but I wouldn't want to test that theory by skipping it!

No comments:

Post a Comment