Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Steve Abrams running for Senate President

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Steve Abrams running for Senate President

Steve Abrams of Arkansas City, Kan. has thrown his hat into the ring for Kansas Senate President. He has

Abrams will face Susan Wagle, of Wichita. Wagle must first win her election. Abrams is unopposed in the general election on Nov. 6.

Both vie to replace outgoing Sen. President Steve Morris. Morris, RINO, lost in his primary bid to a conservative. The newly-elected Senate will choose its leadership in December.

I do not have my finger on the pulse of this contest between Abrams and Wagle. However, here is what Abrams had to say about running for the leadership role:

"This changing of Senate leadership represents a kind of changing of the guard as well. In times like these there are often calls for political retribution and score settling, but if my colleagues choose to elect me as President, I will insist on civility. My Dad always told me that 'grown-ups can disagree without being disagreeable', I think that's the way it should be in the Senate. However, it would be a serious mistake to confuse my cordial attitude for a lack of commitment to a genuinely conservative and businesslike direction for the Senate. I know I speak for all the re-elected and newly elected conservative senators from around the state when I say this new Senate and its leadership is dedicated to the cause of a more accountable and efficient Kansas that provides quality services to its citizens, while providing a pro-growth economic environment for the future. We look forward to partnering with Governor Brownback and the House in this effort."

1 comment:

  1. Civil, like Vicki Scmidt's campaign?

    Abrams would be a poor choice.

    ReplyDelete