Kansas GOP Insider (wannabe): Awww, man...

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Awww, man...

Scooped by Hawver. I had heard Rep. Marc Rhoades wanted to run for House Majority Leader in the upcoming session, but have been so busy spreading rumors about other stuff on here that I forgot to mention it.

I guess I'll let that be a lesson. Hawver has ears on the ground and paid subscribers to feed. And he gets his scoop.

Anyway, Rhoades is going to run for House Majority Leader. He'll face Jene Vickrey. I don't really know Rhoades, but am a fan of Vickrey. (He's a little moderate for my tastes, but seems less back-stabby than a lot of the other folks in Topeka.)

And lest I forget to mention it later, candidates for House Speaker include:

Rep. Arlen Siegfried
Rep. Ray Merrick
Rep. Lance Kinzer

Or so I've heard. All three are from the Golden Ghetto, which should decisively split the JoCo block. Surely there's someone from out west who wants the role as well. It will be interesting.

Of the three, I don't have a favorite, but I guess if you twisted my arm, I'd pick Merrick. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment